English Classwork - 28/04/2005, A happy memory in the past

« Older   Newer »
NdB-Magik Freiheit
view post Posted on 29/6/2005, 14:03

7 - A happy memory in the past. Say what it was and why do you remember it.

Have you ever seen "Notre Dame de Paris", the moder opera made by Riccardo cocciante? Or "Tosca, Amore Disperato", made by Lucio Dalla? Have you ever heard about Vittorio Matteucci? He is my favourite singer, and some of the most beautiful momories are linked to him.
But now, I would tell you when I met him, the last time.

...I was immediately ready, at 7 'o clock. Impatient, I whispered «hurry up, or we won't be in time!!». In fact!
That day, it seemed a bad and unlucky day: it was October, the 14th 2004.
I was in the countryside around Verona, in a little village called Legnago.
Finally, we moved: my cousin and I in her car, and my parents and my uncle in our van. We were just-in-time, but.... we were held in a traffic jam, along the highway, for an hour: I was very sad and stressed. I was thinking of my net friends in the restaurant!

Finally, I arrived at the Q restauran at half past nine. I entered and, when I was walking along the dinner room, a woman stopped me.
She was a beautiful woman, with red hair and dark dresses: «Have you understood who I am?» asked me with a large smile. «Yes, I have!!», I answered. She was ranca, the oldest woman of the forum (isn't it?!), who introduced me to all the peolpe there. She also took me to a table, where I met Lucia and Joby. But when I saw my friend, Chiara, I ran to her, and she embraced me: an embrace that had the taste of love, friendship, respect, although she's older than me. All around the space and the time stopped: in that moment we were only two and nobody else.
I also met Pierluigi and...his camera (!!!), Karole, Mauro, Teresa, Chiara V, Georgia, Gabry, Gloria...

The dinner: rice with shrimps. SHRIMPS?!?!?!?Oh my God!!! I came from Bari... I went to Padova... AND SOMEONE GAVE ME SHRIMPS!??!
It's a trick, I hope...! No. It wasn't a trick and I had to eat something that seemed "four jumps in pan"* Findus (ah ah ah!)!!
The concert began: a waterfall of emotions rained down on us.
We felt happy, sad, the harmony of the singer was our harmony, the brightness of his smile ad the power of his voice moved me.
The Jang Band (a mix between Jazz and Swing, Vittorio said), has a vast repertory: from soul to Jazz.
The notes of the instruments, piano, drums, trumpet and double bass, touched our heart immediately.
Vittorio Matteucci, Giuliano Pastore, Gianluca Carollo and the Piovesan Brothers livd all the song the played: my funny Valentine, I've got you under my skin, Besame Mucho, Vedrai vedrai...

But the sun sets in good and in bad days.
The concert stopped; the music turned off.
At the end, we exchanged the last embraces, with the promise we would meet as soon as possible.
i left the plece under the rain and, then, I stopped at the entrance, whispering my thanks to that place that had seen me sht and pretty, in adoration of Vittorio, in contemplation of his voice.
And so, you know one of my best memories: the people I chat with, became reality, material became a voice, a face, a body to embrace in a way that tastes of flowers, smells of the sea, with the bright of the sun.

Now,you can understand why this moment, this evening, is so important for me.

The Magik Freiheit

Edited by NdB-Magik Freiheit - 29/6/2005, 15:06

NdB-Magik Freiheit
view post Posted on 29/6/2005, 14:04

PS:
ho cercato -inutilmente, vedo- di dare anche l'impostazione grafica di un compito di composizione inglese.
A quanto pare non ci sono riuscita...

melimelo
view post Posted on 1/7/2005, 13:03

marika! was for me this message!
oh! excuse me if have not immediately answered you!!
marika! can understand better now what wanted to say for english classwork!!! I FELT THAT KNOW YOU IN SO MANY " of sees"
now I UNDERSTAND BECAUSE THIS FORUM BOTH SO IMPORTANT FOR YOU!!
Do you see, do I know riccardo cocciante, who doesn't know him?
I often go to paris where alive my aunt ( my mother's sister) but to see a concert there have never succeeded!!!!!!!!!
I will answer tonight hower to this message that I AM ALONE IN HOUSE, and I will have the computer everything for me
bye bye marika!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

NdB-Magik Freiheit
view post Posted on 1/7/2005, 13:07

The "english classwork" is a work of analyse or composition or grammar that students make in classroom during schooltime, and the teacher gives them a note.

3 replies since 29/6/2005, 14:03   364 views